Friday, January 12, 2007
Day 3: Sightseeing in Beijing
We are sightseeing in Beijing for 2 days before heading to Nanchang. Today we had a very busy day. Last night around 9:00 PM we went to bed with no problems, but I woke up around 3:00 AM. Katie woke up at 4:00 AM, so we were all up. We went to breakfast aroung 7:30. Our hotel (New World Courtyard Hotel by Marriott) has a very nice breakfast buffet. At 9:00, Snow (our guide) and the driver picked us up. We went to the Summer Palace, toured a silk factory, went on a Hutong Tour, which is a rickshaw ride through the old, preserved part of the city and toured someone’s actual home and also visited several classrooms in a kindergarten. Katie loves our guide, Snow. Snow is very good with her and was an excellent tour guide today. We look forward to another day with her tomorrow. Tomorrow, our plan is to go to the Great Wall in the morning and go to an acrobatics show in the afternoon. The weather today was beautiful and we hope the weather tomorrow is just as nice. It is now about 8:40 PM and I am exhausted. I am trying to stay awake until 9:00 PM so that I will hopefully sleep through the night. I've been trying to upload pictures, but can't for some reason. Sunday we leave for Nanchang and I will try to upload some then. For those of you who use blogger, how do I change the language to English????????????
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





3 comments:
what do you mean, how do you change the language to English? Are things showing up in a Chinese language?
Congrads on making it there! Our prayers are with you...
Oh that sounds like fun! All the things I wanted to do in Beijing (but never made it!). Enjoy and shop shop shop!! : )
There is a broken cable in China stopping people from posting pictures. Hopefully they have it fixed soon.
Post a Comment