
Sarah slept through the night and I woke her up around 7:00 AM. Mary picked us up around 8:00 AM to go do our adoption paperwork. Grandma and Katie hung out in the room relaxing. Mary wanted us to be first so that we did not have to wait (there are a lot of families here). She was right. I had a brief interview: What is your occupation, why did you adopt from China, are you satisfied with this baby?. It was less than 5 minutes long. Then I had to pay my orphanage donation and fees. I gave them $4000 US dollars and got 240 yuan in change. We took our pictures over again, since Sarah was no longer crying. We left the CCAA office by 9:00 AM. We then had to go get something notorized. I think it was for Sarah’s passport, but who knows~ I could be signing my life away. We came back to the hotel and ate breakfast, since the buffet was still open. Mom and Katie came downstairs and ate with us. Sarah ate some pound cake, the first thing she has eaten since yesterday. The rest of the day we hung out in the hotel room. Sarah is warming up to us. What a difference a day makes!! Sarah took a 3 hour nap (and so did mommy). After we woke up, Mary and I went to the grocery store to get some snacks for the room. For dinner, we ordered room service. Sarah ate some noodle soup, similar to Raman noodles, and drank some water. She loves drinking water!! We went to bed around 8:30 PM. Today was a much better day!!





No comments:
Post a Comment