Monday, May 28, 2007

So THAT'S the problem!!!

Because of her cleft lip and palate, Sarah still does not talk. She babbles all the time, but we really cannot undestand much of what she says. She tries, and can make a few sounds now, but she is still way behind. I think Katie realizes that Sarah is old enough to talk and wonders why she doesn't. Yesteday she told me, "Mommy, I think Sarah is speaking in Spanish!!" Very funny. Today Grandma was talking to Sarah (who does understand everything we say) when Katie told her, "Grandma, Sarah doesn't understand you because she speaks SPANISH!!" Very funny, indeed!!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Dear Laura,

I just read your post and thought Katie's comment was very funny - precisely the sort of comment we're looking for in the 'cleftoids' section of our cleft community website at www.cleftworld.com. I'd love for you to post the comment there.

Incidentally, my name's Ole and I'm the father of Per who was born with a cleft lip and palate. He also seems to be doing a lot of babbling and not much talking - perhaps he too has somehow managed to pick up Spanish:-)

best regards,

Ole