

A year ago today we became a family of 3. After sightseeing in Beijing, we flew to
Nanchang to meet Sarah. We thought we would get time to go to the hotel and get settled before meeting her, but our flight was delayed and we went directly to the civil affairs building. There she was, looking so terrified, with the representatives from the orphanage. Her face was beet red and she looked nothing like the pictures I had been staring at for the past 9 months. They handed her to me and she screamed for the next 3-4 hours. My heart broke for her. I can only imagine what must have been going through her 28 month old mind. She lost everything she knew. In the days ahead, she learned to trust us, and the rest is history.
Nanchang to meet Sarah. We thought we would get time to go to the hotel and get settled before meeting her, but our flight was delayed and we went directly to the civil affairs building. There she was, looking so terrified, with the representatives from the orphanage. Her face was beet red and she looked nothing like the pictures I had been staring at for the past 9 months. They handed her to me and she screamed for the next 3-4 hours. My heart broke for her. I can only imagine what must have been going through her 28 month old mind. She lost everything she knew. In the days ahead, she learned to trust us, and the rest is history.
A year later, it seems like Sarah has always been with our family. She is a bundle of energy and loves to give hugs and kisses. Sarah is the athlete of our family. She is a rough and tumble girl once minute, and a princess the next. Sarah loves her big sister to pieces and they are quite a pair. With Katie, I thought I had this parenting thing down pat. With Sarah, I realize I have so much more to learn!!
This has been an amazing year and I am so thankful for both of my girls. I don't know what I did to deserve them. They are the light of my life and the most amazing blessings.
Happy Family Day, Sarah!!





No comments:
Post a Comment