Thursday, July 17, 2008

Visit to the Dentist


Today I took the girls to the dentist for a routine check-up and cleaning. It was Sarah's first visit. I was worried she's be scared, but she did great. Our dentist is wonderful and we love her to pieces. She doesn't let parents go back until the end of the check-up so I had no idea what was going on. First Katie went back to get her's checked. Then Sarah went back. After she was done with Sarah, she called me back to discuss their teeth. First she showed me Sarah's x-rays. My poor baby has 4 cavities. 3 are in the front on top and are due mostly to her cleft (her teeth in the middle are scrunched together) and the 4th is in her back molar. We decided to pull 2 of them because it would be tough to get crowns on them and 2 will be filled. I was kind of surprised Sarah's teeth were such a mess because she absolutely LOVES brushing her teeth. When Dr. L was done discussing Sarah's teeth, I braced myself for Katie's report (Katie hates brushing her teeth and has already had a lot of work done on her teeth~ 9+ cavities in the past). Shockingly, Dr. L said Katie's teeth looked great!! Praise God!! And that she has gotten her 6-year old molars, which may explain her crankiness lately. I have to bring her back to get sealant on her new teeth, but otherwise all is well. Poor Sarah will go back in 2 weeks to get sedated and have her teeth fixed.

1 comment:

Malissa said...

Go Katie---glad the tooth fairy dropped some cash. Poor Sarah and momma during the dental work. We are headed there soon. I am taking a poll for good dentists in the area.