Saturday, February 28, 2009

Katie can ride a bike!!




My baby can now ride a 2-wheeler!! Yippee!! A friend of mine told me a good method of teaching your child to ride. When you take off the training wheels, take off the pedals, too. That way, your child learns to balance on the bike. When they can balance, put the pedals back on. It worked like a charm for us. I took off the training wheels and pedals on Sunday. Katie could easily glide across the cul-de-sac in a few days. On Friday, I put the pedals on. I held on for about a minute so she could get the hang of the pedals and that's all it took!! I'm way too old to be running behind a bike and trying to teach her the old fashioned way..lol.

2 comments:

Jennifer said...

Great idea. We still have a couple years at best, but I'll remember that. Makes a lot of sense.

Adrienne said...

Hey ~ good going Katie...
First the teeth, now the bike!!! Our girls are growing up very fast... Elena just took off one day on her bike.... We were so surprised as she is sooo cautious..I also am too old to run after a small girl on a two wheeler!!!!
Adrienne - Mom to Elena - also 6 yrs 5mths.....