Saturday, August 26, 2006

My Timeline

Summer 2005~ I decided to start the process to adopt again from Kazakhstan
January 7, 2006~ mailed all necessary documents to my home study agency
March 11, 2006~ first home visit with social worker for home study
April 21, 2006~ second visit with social worker for home study
April 22, 2006~ third visit with social worker for home study
April 25, 2006~ thought about changing to China and adopting a “Waiting Child”
April 26, 2006~ I asked my friend Laura B. if she knew of any girls under 2 with clefts on any lists and she told me her agency just came out with a new list and there was a girl 1.5 years old with a cleft. I tried to call Peggy but then had to e-mail her.
April 27, 2006~ Peggy from Heritage sends me info on JinSui via e-mail.
April 28, 2006~ I faxed my application to Heritage and asked to put JinSui on "hold".
May 5, 2006~ I spoke to Dr. Schwarzwald at TCH and accepted the referral of JinSui. We're going to China!! : )
May 16, 2006~ Receive Heritage dossier packet and JinSui's file.
May 23, 2006~ My LOI (Letter of Intent) was mailed to China
July 12, 2006~ Heritage received my PA (Preliminary Approval) from the CCAA.
July 29, 2006~ Mom and I got fingerprinted for my I-171H.
August 17, 2006~ I got my I-171H!!!!!! I decided to use couriers to get it certified/authenticated quickly.
August 23, 2006~ Heritage received all of my dossier documents, except my I-171H.
August 25, 2006~ Heritage received my I-171H.

No comments: