Tuesday, January 30, 2007

3 years ago today

Three years ago today, I was sitting in the director's office of Katie's babyhouse, waiting to meet her. Who was she? What would she be like? I remember the director offering us juice to drink. Not wanting to ofend her, I accepted the juice. Much to my dismay, the glass was very dirty, with lipstick marks all around the edge of the cup. But I managed to drink it.

In came the doctor with Katie. She was so precious, and scared!! She was wearing a yellow outfit and a green hat. I held her for a few minutes and then we moved to the bonding room. She shrieked in horror, but she did snuggle her head into my neck. After about 30 minutes, I let the doctor take her back to her room. We would be back tomorrow.

My precious daughter, I love you more than you will ever know. You are beautiful inside and out. I am so thankful that I am your mommy and I know that I am truly blessed.

No comments: