Today was our last full day in China. We ate our usual breakfast and then went shopping. Bob, our guide, offered to take us sight-seeing, but we really wanted to just walk around the island and shop. We got some dresses for the girls, some presents for our family, and some snacks for the trip home. We also had to buy another suitcase to hold all of our goodies!! (I got one at Lucy's for $13). Xi Xi brought me Sarah's passport with her VISA in it this evening. The last step of our adoption is done and we can come home.
We have enjoyed our time in China, but are ready to be home. Heritage, our agency has been wonderful. I never once had to worry about anything as far as Sarah's adoption and paperwork was concerned (during Katie's adoption I worried everyday while we were in Kazakhstan that I would never get to bring her home). If things do change in China and singles are again allowed to adopt, I would use Heritage again in a second (or who knows, maybe I will get married one day and my husband and I will adopt again from China).
We leave our hotel at 5:30 AM tomorrow morning (Wednesday). I hope the girls do well on the trip home. We will arrive home 25 hours after we leave our hotel (4:45 PM Wednesday, Houston time). Please keep us in your prayers!! : )
Tuesday, January 23, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





1 comment:
Wow, I can't believe it's already time for you guys to come home. Time just flew. (well, from here anyway) ;)
Congrats and hope you have a safe and pleasant trip home.
Maryann
Post a Comment