
Today we did a whole lot of nothing yet again. Katie has been having meltdowns, so we stayed in the hotel most of the day. At 3:00 Sarah and I and 54 other familes took White Swan busses (much like Greyhound busses) to the US Consulate to take our oaths. We were told very important VIPS were going to be there today. When we got there, we found out it was Karen Hughes, Under Secretary, Public Diplomacy and Public Affairs, and Michelle Kwan, the ice skater. Kwan is America's first "Public Diplomacy Envoy," a position created to try to improve the U.S. image abroad. They both spoke to us and then took pictures with many of the families. We were chit chatting with Michelle Kwan when Michelle reached out towards Sarah. Sarah, acting very Sarah-like, hit her. Funny. We definitely need to work on not hitting. After we got back, we went to Lucy's to eat dinner and now we are relaxing in the hotel room. Tomorrow we will get Sarah's VISA and go shopping near the hotel. Wednesday we will return home.





2 comments:
Hi there
Amazing that your journey is almost over! Its so much quicker than Kaz. I have caught up with your blog today !! It seems like it has gone very smoothly.
Wishing you & Katie & Sarah a lifetime of happiness together!
Congrats !!
Take care Ashley - Johannesburg
I enjoyed reading your entire blog tonight and seeing all of the pictures of Sarah. What a little doll she is! She and Katie are going to be quite a pair!
I am looking forward to all of you coming home. I surely do miss you guys!
Barbara
Post a Comment