Wednesday, April 15, 2009

"I HATE You!!"

My precious Sarah obviously learned something new at school today. She got angry at me about something (can't even remember what made her mad) and she started yelling at me, "I HATE you! I HATE you! I HATE you!" My, my, such venom coming from my usually happy 4-year old!! She sat in time-out quite a while until she calmed down. I must say I was thrilled about how clearly she said her words. Her p-flap has made such a difference in her speech!!

4 comments:

Adrienne said...

Mut be an age thing :)
Alex (3yrs 5mths)has started saying 'hate' to lots of things....
'I HATE this milk', 'I HATE my bed' I HATE Darrelle(sister)'...
Hopefully just a passing phase!!!!!!
Adrienne

qmiller said...

Laura: Your post made me smile...oh the joys of parenting. Madina told me last weekend, in a state of anger, " I think I got the wrong mom. I think I was supposed to get one who would let me do whatever I want to..." I silently agreed with her...I think we all want(ed) those moms! : )
Quaintance

the mommy said...

Now that is looking at the silver lining..

Susan

jessica said...

I enjoyed reading your blog. I am a single woman in the process of adopting domestically. I noticed that your blog ended last April. I was wondering if you had a new blog? It is nice to read about other single moms.

Jessica